Sunday, November 29, 2009

"Cyclists of San Francisco" Photo Shoot #1

I got a posse together last night to shoot the first four girls in a new photo/illustration series that for now I'm calling "Cyclists of San Francisco".  The finished pieces will debut at a solo show in Milan, Italy in February.

The evening started with a beer run, as most shoots do.  I had to do this beer run twice!  That's hella beers, dude.


I photographed Zey first...


Then Karina...


Then Katy...


And finally Becca!


This was a real team effort.  I gotta thank the models for bearing with the cold and all the beer swilling on-lookers.  Thanks to Sean at The Medicine Agency for supplying the location and photographic assistance.  Thanks to Gabby, Glenn and Alma for taking care of all the hair and makeup.  Thanks to Aisha for styling the whole shoot.  Thanks to Francisco for all your assistance and for taking these photos.  Thanks to Andrew, Jason, Rob, Colin, Lincoln, Jason Yim and the other guys who's names I've already forgotten who brought their bikes in for the shoot.  Y'all really came through at the last minute.

The next shoot is planned for Tuesday Dec 8th.  Please email me if you have a sweet bike I can use for the next shoot.  I mostly looking for nice track bikes in smaller sizes.  And I'm always looking for new models...